Over the last month we’ve spent a lot of time conducting research into the use of bathroom tissue and what we found has completely shocked us! So, in a bid to save trees, we are introducing you to our latest campaign: #SlowYourRoll.
Most people tend to use 8 (8.6 to be exact) sheets of toilet paper per bathroom visit and we Americans normally go to the bathroom 6/7 times per day… that’s 57 sheets a day! Although that may be completely normal, the impact it is having on the trees is completely abnormal! Once the maths was done, we found out that annually in America we go through a staggering 314,729,449 trees in bathroom tissue! CRAZY!
#SlowYourRoll: Reduce consumption of bathroom tissue.
A typical North American will use 20,805 sheets of bathroom tissue annually, so surely there must be a way that we can pull together and drastically reduce these huge numbers? Don’t just take our word for it, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the United States could save 470,000 trees, 1.2 million feet of cubic landfill space, and 169 million gallons of water if everyone in the US traded one roll of regular toilet paper for a recycled roll. So here we are, back to #SlowYourRoll, our aim is to reduce the consumption of bathroom tissue on the whole and we’ve come up with a plan to make this a possibility.
Bum Boosa Bathroom Tissue has many benefits: Using rapidly renewable bamboo & also employing a lower impact method to process this raw material fiber, each individually wrapped roll is septic safe, soft, superior 100% tree-free tissue made from bamboo. We go above and beyond recycled content.
Bum Boosa Bathroom Tissue is:
- 100% bamboo tissue
- 220 sheets
- Elemental chlorine-free
- Zero plastic packaging
- Septic safe, R/V safe (independently tested by a certified lab in the U.S.A.)
We use a lower impact manufacturing method to pulp the bamboo. It is called thermo-mechanical processing and is not the traditionally chemically intensive method used to create toilet tissue.
Our supplier uses 80% less water in the processing than traditional methods not to mention Bum Boosa Bathroom Tissue is Non-GMO certified!
Lastly, unlike most other 1-ply and 2-ply bathroom tissue, Bum Boosa makes a 3-ply bathroom tissue which makes this change possible, allowing you to still Wipe Happy. This means that instead of using 8 sheets of bathroom tissue, you can comfortably use 4! By making this change you can help save an astonishing 21,086,873 trees.
“Why do the trees need saving” You ask… well, here are some reasons:
1. Trees help purify the air we breathe by absorbing pollutants.
2. Trees improve neighborhood appeal, attracting businesses, shoppers and home-owners.
3. Trees cool our cities and towns by reducing heat generated by buildings and paved surfaces.
4. Tree shade, properly placed, can save an average household up to $250 annually in energy costs.
5. Trees reduce the amount of pollutants in sewer systems, saving communities millions of dollars in water treatment costs.
6. Trees soften harsh building lines and large expanses of pavement, making urban environments much more pleasant.
7. Trees provide habitat for birds and other wildlife, maintaining a balance with nature even in urban areas.
8. Trees reduce the amount of water-borne pollutants that reach streams and rivers.
9. Trees make for safer, more sociable neighborhood environments.
10. Trees are extremely important in the ecology of the earth, they help stabilize the earth’s climate and generate much of the earth’s oxygen!
We need to get everyone involved, so we are asking you to share this story and use the hashtag #SlowYourRoll to spread this message, together we can make a change!
Order your Bum Boosa Bathroom Tissue at www.bumboosa.com to start making a change and remember to always Wipe Happy!